Welcome To The LHS Art Department
The Art Department strives to unlock and maximise the creative potential of all learners through the visual arts. Art is a varied subject – it can be educational, exciting, entertaining; it can make you think and it can ask big questions. The arts are vitally important in everyday life, feeding our imaginations, and without visual art, there would be no clothing, buildings, movies, computer games – these have all been designed by artists.
Art Facilities at LHS
- Four studio classrooms with facilities for painting, printing and ceramics.
- A Sixth Form Art/Photography study room with space for working and exhibitions. This also doubles as a photography studio.
- A specialist ceramics room with wheels and a kiln.
- A photographic darkroom with enlargers, etc for film developing/photo printing.
- A professional standard screen-printing vacuum table and screens.
- 10 Canon DSLR cameras and tripods.
- ‘Soft box’ lighting and ring lamps for photography.
- 10 large foldable display boards for exhibition.
Year 7 and 8
AS / A Level